Adjustment of Status Form I-485
What is the purpose of Adjustment of Status?
Applicants who to utilize this form seek to adjust their status in the United States to permanent residents or register for permanent residence.
If you are a Cuban national seeking to change the date permanent residency began, you may also utilize this form.
Who may file Adjustment of Status?
You may file for Adjustment of status if you fall under one of the following categories:
- Immigrant petition
- Spouse or child (derivative)
- Admission as a fiance(e) of a U.S. citizen
- Refugee status
- Asylum status
- Cuban citizenship or nationality
- Other basis of eligibility
Who may be ineligible for Adjustment of Status?
You may not qualify to submit for an Adjustment of Status if:
- You were not inspected by an immigration officer at the time of entering the country
- Entered the country as a nonimmigrant crewman
- Authorized stay expired before filing this application
- Employed in the U.S. without authorization
What is the cost for Adjustment of Status?
The fees associated to Green Card Adjustment of Status are as follows:
Application Assistance: $195
Application Processing: $1,140
Cost for certain applicants under 14 years of age: $750
Biometrics Fee: $85
Most Popular Packages
- Green Card Renewal Form I-90
- Lost or Stolen Green Card Form I-90
- Green Card Replacement Form I-90
- U.S. Citizenship Application Form N-400
- Replace Certificate of Citizenship Form N-565
- Immigrant Petition Family Green Card Form I-130
- Adjustment of Status Form I-485
- Application for Travel Document Form I-131
- USCIS Forms