What is the purpose of Form I-765?
Form I-765 may be used by certain foreign residents living in the U.S. to obtain permission to work.
What visa categories qualify for Employment Authorization?
The following are some of the visa categories that qualify to submit an application to obtain an Employment Authorization document:
- E-1/E-2 spouses
- K-1, K-2 or K-3
- L-1 spouses
The following may also submit an application to obtain an Employment Authorization document:
- DACA recipients
- Asylees and Refugees
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS) recipients
- Applicants waiting for Adjustment of Status
What requirements should I submit with my application?
- Copy of form I-94
- Copy of previous Employment Authorization document
- Two passport style photos taken within the last 30 days
- Filing fee paid by check or money order
How much will it cost to obtain an Employment Authorization document?
The fees associated with Application for Employment Authorization are as follows:
Application Assistance: $195
Application Processing: $410
Biometrics Fee: $85