Green Card Renewal Form I-90
When do I begin the process to renew my green card?
A green card holder, also known as a permanent resident, may begin the renewal process for their green card 6 months before the date of expiration.
Will I lose my permanent residence status if I forget to renew my card?
Many green card holders have a misconception, that if their green card expires, so does their status. The permanent status does not cancel if you forget to renew your green. However, in order to prove legal status in the U.S., a green card holder must carry a valid, unexpired green card at all times.
How do I begin the green card renewal process?
First, fill out Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card. Many applicants are denied each year due to common typographical errors.
Second, gather supporting documents to submit with application.
Third, deliver application, supporting documents along with the form of payment.
How much does it cost to renew my green card?
The fees associated with your Green Card Renewal are as follows:
Application Assistance: $199
Application Processing: $455
Biometrics Fee: $85
Most Popular Forms
- Green Card Renewal Form I-90
- Lost or Stolen Green Card Form I-90
- Green Card Replacement Form I-90
- U.S. Citizenship Application Form N-400
- Replace Certificate of Citizenship Form N-565
- Immigrant Petition Family Green Card Form I-130
- Adjustment of Status Form I-485
- Application for Travel Document Form I-131
- USCIS Forms